Just another reason for your small business to utilize social sites such as Facebook and effects generic side viagra Twitter. This is a great video of Matt Cutts, Google, explaining how Google uses data from social sites (Twitter, Facebook, etc) in ranking your website.
Today, the AP released a story titled “Local Food Movement Boost Local Butchers’ Business” not only mentioned my family’s butcher shop, but they quoted my brother John and included pictures. In the article, my brother states business has “doubled” during the past five years. The story circulated all over the Internet. I honestly never thought I’d see the day when one of brothers were quoted on Forbes.com! It happened today!
A Second Mention in the Press
B&B’ Grocery, Meat & Deli’s famous Quadzilla Burger was also mentioned in an Des Moines Metromix article titled “Wow, we’re stuffed, 7 foods to die for.” The press doesn’t stop there. Last week, B&B celebrated its 88th Anniversary and WHOTV, a local News Channel, reported about the anniversary during their nightly television newscast. Listed below are other times they were mentioned in different publications and/or blogs in the past 12 months.
- April 8, 2010 – AssociatedContent.com Article – Three Best Hamburger Joints in Des Moines, Iowa
- February 22, 2010 – Dienu.com Blog Article – Want to Grab Lunch?
- February 18, 2010 – Des Moines Cityview Article “Step inside to see results from the… GREATEST POLL on earth” By the way, B&B Grocery, Meat & Deli was voted Des Moines “Best Mom & Pop” and Des Moines “Best Kept Secret on the Local Restaurant Scene”
- December 13, 2009 – IowaGirlEats.com Blog Article - “Eating in the Killer Zone”
- October 20, 2009 – The ISU Foodest Blog Article – “I Always Wanted to be a Food Critic…”
- May 11, 2009 – The Des Moines Register ran an article on George Formaro, local celebrity chef, where he mentioned B&B Grocery, Meat & Deli’s breaded pork tenderloin sandwich as one of his favorite Des Moines food.
- May 9, 2010 – Des Moines Cityview Article – “Postively Pork”
These are the articles that we know about. I’m sure there are even more!
“It was the Website!”
John, my oldest brother and co-owner, told me that their business has more than doubled in the past 5 years. In fact, he said they are busier now than they’ve ever been. Why? He believes the majority of the success is due to the website. Joe, my other brother and co-owner, also believes the popularity of the store is due to the website. He tells me there’s not a day that they don’t wait on a new customer that found B&B Grocery, Meat & Deli on the Internet. Of course, I remind both my brothers that they have a good quality product that people want.
Be Visible on the Internet
Have you ever wondered why another business was mentioned in an article? Why wasn’t it your business? Being easy to find on the Internet can help you get your business mentioned in more articles. I’m positive many reporters use Google, Yahoo, and Bing to find various sources for their articles. Therefore, you’ll lose public relation opportunities if you don’t have an optimized website. You don’t have to take this advice from me. Take this advice from the owners of a small eighty-eight year old family butcher shop/deli who were quoted in an article found on sites such as ABC News.